DUBLIN, March 19, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — The “Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs) – A Global Market Overview” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs) offer significant benefits in maintaining heart health, in addition to safeguarding against cancer and birth defects and offsetting symptoms of diabetes, arthritis, cognitive decline, depression, and several other conditions. Recovered from declining sales between 2012 to 2014, attributed to negative studies in the US media, global Omega-3 market has picked up the growth momentum in recent years.
Sales of Omega-3 ingredients for dietary supplement sector has been significantly reduced compared to other application sectors during the slowdown period. The impact was large in the United States and a little bit or no impact observed in Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.
Dietary Supplements is the largest application for Omega-3 globally cornering share of about 60% consuming 82.8 thousand metric tons 2019. Overall Omega-3 demand will reach 145 million metric tons in 2020 valued at US$1.8 billion.
Research Findings & Coverage
- Worldwide market for Omega-3 is analyzed in this report with respect to raw material sources and end-use applications
- Omega-3 market size is reported in this study by raw material source and end-use application across all major regions/countries
- Robust growth for highly concentrated Omega-3 ingredients bolstered by demand from pharma and dietary supplements markets
- Algae sources offer immense scope for global Omega-3s market
- Dismissal of Amarin Pharma’s lawsuit exonerates the Omega-3 dietary supplement industry
- Key business trends focusing on product innovations/developments, M&As, JVs, and other recent industry developments
- Major companies profiled – 129
- The industry guide includes the contact details for 322 companies
The market for major applications of Omega-3 explored in this report comprise the following:
- Dietary Supplements
- Animal Nutrition
- Food & Beverages
- Infant Nutrition
- Clinical Nutrition
Analysis Period, Units and Growth Rates
- The report reviews, analyzes and projects the global Omega-3 market for the period 2017-2026 in terms of market value in US$ and volume in metric tons; and the compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) projected from 2019 through 2026
- North America (The United States, Canada, and Mexico)
- Europe (Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, the United Kingdom and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Australia, China, Japan, India, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- South America (Argentina, Brazil and Rest of South America)
- Rest of World
- AK & MN Biofarm Co Ltd
- Aker BioMarine Manufacturing LLC
- Aker Biomarine AS
- Alaska Protein Recovery, LLC
- Algae to Omega
- AlgaeCytes Limited
- Algarithm Ingredients, Inc.
- Algisys, LLC
- Anklam Extrakt GmbH
- AntarcticOmega SPA
- Antibiticos de Len SLU (ADL Biopharma)
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Arctic Nutrition AS
- Arjuna Natural Pvt Ltd
- Austral Group S.A.A.
- Avesthagen Limited
- BASF SE
- Barrington Nutritionals
- Berg Lipidtech AS (BLT)
- Bioplus Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Biosearch, S.A. (Biosearch Life)
- Bizen Chemical Co Ltd
- Bluebiotech International GmbH
- Blueline Foods (India) Pvt Ltd
- Brudy Technology S.L.
- Cellana LLC
- Chemport, Inc.
- Clover Corporation (Nu-Mega)
- Coastal Exports Corporation
- Colpex International S.A.C
- Compania Pesquera Camanchaca SA
- Corbion, Inc.
- Corporacion Pesquera Inca S.A.C.
- Cox & Compaa S.A.
- Croda International Plc
- DSM Nutritional Products AG
- De Wit Speciality Oils
- Denomega (Orkla Health)
- ECA Healthcare Inc
- Ennature Biopharma (India Glycols Ltd)
- Epax AS
- Evonik Nutrition & Care GmbH
- Felda IFFCO LLC
- Fenchem Biotek Ltd
- Fermentalg SA
- Fiordo Austral Group
- Fortuna Oils AS
- Fujian Coland Enterprises Co Ltd
- GC Rieber Oils
- GCI Nutrients, Inc.
- GIHON – Laboratorios Qumicos Srl
- Golden Omega SA
- Guangdong Runke Bioengineering Co Ltd
- Helios Corp
- Henry Lamotte Oils GmbH
- Hofseth Biocare AS
- Huatai Biopharm Inc.
- IQI B.V.
- Imperial-Oel-Import Handelsgesellschaft mbH
- Jiangsu Auqi Marine Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Tiankai Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Weisikang Food Sci-Tech Development Co., Ltd.
- K Pharmtech Co. Ltd.
- KD Pharma Group
- Kangcare Bioindustry Co., Ltd.
- Kinomega Biopharm Inc.
- LYSI Hf.
- Luhua Biomarine (Shandong) Co., Ltd
- Mara Renewables Corporation
- Margildi EHF.
- Maruha Nichiro Corporation
- Matinas BioPharma
- Minami Nutrition
- Mowi ASA
- Natural Oils Chile SA
- Naturmega SA
- Nippon Suisan Kaisha, Ltd. (Nissui)
- Nisshin Pharma Inc.
- Noble Harvest AS
- Nordic Naturals, Inc.
- Norwegian Fish Oil AS
- Novasep Holding SAS
- Novosana (Taicang) Co. Ltd.
- Novotech Nutraceuticals, Inc.
- Oceans Omega, LLC
- Olvea Fish Oils
- Olvea Fish Oils (Olvea Group)
- Omega Protein Corporation
- Omnipharm SAS
- Organic Technologies (AlaskaOmega)
- Pesquera Camanchaca SA
- Pesquera Diamante SA
- Pesquera Hayduk SA
- Pharma Marine AS
- Phycoil Biotech Korea, Inc.
- Progress Biotech bv
- Qingdao Kangjing Marine Biotechnology Co., Ltd
- Qponics Limited
- Qualitas Health Inc
- Rimfrost AS
- Rimfrost USA, LLC
- SPES S.A.
- Seadragon Marine Oils Ltd
- Seven Seas Ltd
- Shandong Yuwang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd
- Shenzhen Qianhai Xiaozao Technology Ltd./Lyxia Corporation
- Silicycle Inc.
- Simris Alg AB
- Sinomega Biotech Engineering Co Ltd
- Skuny Bioscience Co., Ltd.
- Sochim International SPA
- Solarvest Bioenergy Inc.
- Solutex GC, S.L.
- Source-Omega LLC
- SourceOne Global Partners
- Stepan Company
- Stepan Lipid Nutrition
- TASA Omega SA (Tecnolgica De Alimentos SA)
- Thai Union Group PCL
- Thai Union Marine Nutrients GmbH
- The Wright Group
- Triplenine Group A/S
- True Westfjords EHF
- Veramaris V.O.F.
- Vesteraalens AS
- Virun, Inc.
- Wiley’s Finest Inc
- Wuxi Xunda Marine Biological Products Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/o55st5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets